GREAT NEWS from a Federal Judge!
1. Steven Trubow’s MMAS Research, LLC lacks standing to sue for copyright infringement;
2. The licensing agreement provided that Dr. Morisky would “at all times
remain the owner of the MMAS-8 and any associated intellectual property, patents,
copyrights or derivatives derived from the use of the MMAS-8.”
3. “MMAS Research, LLC will forego any claims it has to and will acknowledge that
Donald Morisky is the sole and exclusive owner of the federal copyrights in and to the
MMAS-4 and the MMAS-8, together with any related trademarks, copyrights,
derivatives to the same or other intellectual property rights associated with the Morisky
Medication Adherence scales or protocols.”
4. “MMAS Research, LLC will assign
the Morisky Widget and any related copyrights, trademarks and related intellectual
property rights . . . to Donald Morisky.”
5. Finally, the Court determines that the Authorization Agreement permitting
MMAS Research, LLC to sue for infringement on behalf of Dr. Morisky is an invalid attempt to
transfer the bare right to sue.
6. The Court concludes that Plaintiff MMAS Research, LLC does not having standing to sue for
copyright infringement and therefore has not met its burden of proving that the claim
should be in federal court.
Leave a Reply.